Thursday, May 26, 2011

Working at the Clovis Online School, Part 3

As we are about to finish our second full school year in existence, there are questions about what course management system we are going to maintain for next school year. I have heard comments that we will upgrade to the newest Moodle Version 2.1. I have also heard that we may simplify to another less-detailed system. This summer proves to be a crucial time for our school as we transition to new school management and possibly a whole new course management system. My master's thesis project was going to focus on creating multimedia rich courses for my current subjects of Computer Technology and Graphic Design to aid student retention using Moodle as well as PBworks.com. If the course management system changes at our school, my project focus will have to change also. We have used the Moodle-PB Works system since our inception in 2009 at Clovis Online School, and for my project I was going to expand on the current technology after reviewing scholarly articles on how to create online courses best suited to aid student retention. The future is unknown currently at the school, but I know either way I will develop a project to better serve my students as well as serving the educational community. Til' next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment